By Jacqueline Cucco | March 25, 2016 | Lifestyle
Sure, Austin doesn't get a ton of precipitation, but when it does, it can pour. Don't let the bad weather put a damper on your day—here are 41 ways to enjoy Austin rain or shine.
1. But first, coffee.
2. Get the royal treatment with high tea.
3. Browse art at a local museum or gallery.
4. Or channel your inner artist.
Flex your creative muscles with the help of some vino at a paint and wine party.
5. Rock out with your favorite superstars.
Check out Frank Erwin Center for amazing concert lineups: iHeartRadio Country Festival on April 30, Rihanna on May 14, Janet Jackson on May 26, and James Taylor on June 22.
6. Try your hand at baking and tie-dye your s'mores to snack on.
Even if you don't like s'mores, this DIY recipe is worth trying for the 'grams alone.
7. Sample all the gourmet doughnuts in one day (we dare you).
Don’t have the patience to make your own desserts? Read all about where you can find the best gourmet doughnuts in Austin—maple bacon doughnuts are always a win.
8. Become an action hero for an hour or two.
Don't just watch them on TV. Be one for the day by taking a stunt or saber class at BAM Academy, where you can learn how to do Hollywood stunts like high falls and light saber fighting.
9. Embrace the weirder side of life.
10. Enjoy a staycation at a luxe hotel.
11. Train to be a contender on Dancing with the Stars.
12. Get your nails decked out with nail art.
Bling out your fingertips with a visit to one of Austin's top nail salons for amazing nail art.
13. Make an edible masterpiece to show off your culinary skills.
Take a cake decorating class at Make It Sweet, where you can learn to make a cake that looks too good to eat.
14. Toast your new look with these seasonal tea-based cocktails.
Dodge the rain at a local bar to try the hottest drink craze for spring: Tea-based cocktails.
15. Get a makeover head-to-toe.
Get lash extensions, a new 'do, or styling tips to make yourself pretty, even in the rain. Make an appointment at Haute House Lash & Beauty Bar—they'll take care of you.
16. Become a master mixologist.
Pick your poison whether it be martini mixing, beer brewing, wine making, or even juicing, take a mixology course at Mixology Training Company.
17. Shock your taste buds with the most outrageous dishes you can find in Austin.
Comfort food is perfect on a rainy day. Treat yourself to a juicy burger sandwiched between two sugary glazed donuts, or a warm bowl of pho filled with tender chicken and dumplings on our list of crazy must-try dishes.
18. Rack up your Instagram likes with a few pointers or so.
Take a photography class to pick up tips on how to take the perfect photo.
19. Feed your wanderlust, and research your next trip.
Plan your next getaway, or at least put some new places on your bucket list. We're (wander)lusting over a trip to Sicily, Bali, or the Maldives.
20. Grubbing can get hard, so chill out and relax in a beer garden.
Hang out in a lively outdoor beer garden offering live music and a huge selection of craft beer. The Austin Beer Garden Brewing is perfect for both indoor and outdoor seating where you can eat, drink, and be merry.
21. Do as the Romans do.
If you can’t go to Italy, do the next best thing… which is eating the best Italian food in Austin. Buon appetito!
22. Go on a hunt for hidden treasures.
Make what’s old new again with a day of antiquing. The Austin Antique Mall features an eclectic mix of furniture, jewelry, clothing, china, crystal, toys, sports and military memorabilia, and more.
23. Take a leap of faith, literally.
Let yourself soar, rain or shine, with indoor skydiving at iFly Austin. There's also a simulation freefall in a vertical wind tunnel.
24. See how well you know pop culture.
School yourself on what makes Austin the "Live Music Capital of the World" with a visit to South Austin Popular Culture Center, where you can browse vintage music memorabilia, art, and artifacts ranging from the 1960s until today.
25. Catch up on all your favorite shows like Scandal. We know you want to.
26. Pamper yourself with a day at the spa.
27. Brunch the day away.
There should be an extra day in the week just for brunching. We love these gourmet brunch options for exquisite meals.
28. Defy gravity and burn calories at the same time.
Be a kid again at Urban Air Trampoline Park, where you can flip through the air, bounce into the foam pit, and even take a fitness class.
29. Give your home a seasonal makeover.
Take advantage of having to spend the day indoors by sprucing up your living space with the help of our guide to luxury living.
30. Let it all go, and go clubbing.
The weather wont matter when you’re dancing under neon lights. Stop by Kingdom for an intimate dance club with electronic beats and a killer sound system.
31. Revamp your wardrobe with a bit of retail therapy.
A rainy day is the perfect excuse for a shopping spree. Hit The Domain to stay dry with Apple, David Yurman, and Neiman Marcus or check out other stores listed in our guide to style, fitness, and beauty.
32. Stay up all night and host a slumber party...
Don your comfiest pajamas, build a pillow fort, bake cookies, and have a movie marathon. We won’t judge you, we promise.
33. ...where you can play with each other's hair.
Try one of these celebrity-approved braided hairstyles to keep your hair looking fly no matter what.
34. Get your fondue fix.
Enjoy a satisfying meal from start to finish at The Melting Pot, where you can dip everything you can possibly imagine into gooey, cheesy goodness.
35. Learn a few chords.
Sign up for guitar lessons at Austin Guitar School, and fulfill your dreams of becoming a rock star.
36. Design your own jewelry collection (or at least learn how to).
Take a jewelry design class and create stunning masterpieces to take home and wear.
37. Brush up on your rock and roll style.
Go back in time with a visit to Austin Rock and Roll Car Museum, where you can browse vintage motorcycles, cars, trucks, and other rock and roll mementos, including the Ghostbusters Cadillac and JFK’s 1962 Lincoln Continental.
38. Hire a chaffeur for the day.
39. Kick back with a glass of vino (or four).
Sit back and sip some of the finest wines you can at one of Austin's top indoor wine bars. We especially love The Red Room Lounge for a sophisticated and hidden spot with a knowledgeable staff of sommeliers.
40. Gather your girls and have the ultimate girl's day out.
A little rain never hurt anyone. Plan a girls-only itinerary to hit up all your favorite salons, shops, restaurants, and live music venues.
41. Pull on your favorite rain boots and venture outdoors.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Dress the part, and step out into the rain with these stylish items to keep you dry.
photography courtesy of yelp.com/biz/caffe-medici-austin; facebook.com/haute-house-lash-beauty-bar; facebook.com/theabgb; facebook.com/scandalabc; yelp.com/biz/kingdom-austin; facebook.com/themeltingpotrestaurants; facebook.com/personalwineredroom